Technology Outlet - Buildtak premium 3D printing Surface
BuildTak is a thin, durable plastic sheet that adheres to the print bed of FDM (fused deposition modelling) 3D printers to provide an ideal surface for 3D printing. It replaces the need for blue masking tape and/or polyimide films such as Kapton. Composed of high quality, heat-resistant raw materials, BuildTak provides a stable build platform for 3D printed objects to adhere to while allowing for a clean, easy removal of completed builds.
BuildTak Offers The Following Benefits
- Works great with ABS, PLA and more without the need to change the surface. And no more pretreatments such as hairspray or acetone slurry!
- Easy installation to the bare print bed and clean removal without adhesive residue.
- Durable and with optimal care can last for many hours of use while providing extended protection to the original print bed surface.
- Creates an optimal bond between the 3D printed object and the build surface for the duration of the print while preventing curling. When builds are complete, the 3D printed object can be cleanly removed with minimal prying or scraping.
- Patent-pending heat resistant composition developed to withstand the typical temperatures used on heated print beds (i.e. 110-125C). With safety in mind, BuildTak is composed of raw materials that are UL flame rated.
- BuildTak sheets can feature custom graphics and branding.
- BuildTak Just Works!
- Size available is 260MMX205MM easy cut to size of the biggest heatbed
Works with ABS, PLA, HIPS, PET+, Brick, Wood & Flexible (TPE) filaments; additionally, we have had success with getting nylon and t-glase (PETT) to adhere when used with a thin layer of washable glue stick on the BuildTak surface. Installs much easier than masking tape or films typically used and with fewer chances of air bubbles. Protects build plate, heat resistant and durable, can be reused for many consecutive builds and you can use different filament materials without the need to change the printing surface.
Creates an optimal bond between the 3D printed object and build a surface that maximizes the chances your object will be held in place for the duration of the print and then allow for clean and easy removal of the object from the build surface.